Mason started physical therapy on Wednesday. I am so glad. He is not standing or walking at this point so he needs some help getting there again. He was not wanting to go because PT can be painful and scary, but to his surprise he had fun! There were a couple tense moments when she had him stand. I really love this physical therapist. All the others were good too, but this one thought out of the box. She suggested getting him something he can use around the house(besides the walker) while he is not able to walk so that he can get around on his own!! BAM!! Just what he needs! Why didn't anyone else suggest that?? He seems to get a little down sometimes because of his situation and helplessness. What a boost to his spirit this will be! Yay!!! I can't wait for our next session so we can figure out what will work for him. The therapist is also going to hook us up with someone who makes special made braces so that he has something to wear to support his legs while they are not in use so his feet don't drop anymore and he can keep some of that lengthening in his muscles. He already has braces he wears at night, but they are miserable and hot, so I think we will be getting some new braces for him to wear then too.
It's time for IVIG again. He goes Monday and Tuesday next week. A month goes by way too fast. We'll be doing it monthly for as long as we need to. Good thing we have fabulous insurance. Each dose costs $5000! Yikes!
Mason is such a champion. I am so proud of him. He goes through more than any child should have to go through, but it doesn't phase him. He told me yesterday that it was cool that he had a disease....I said, "huh?" He said it was cool because it made him special....how about that! He definitely is special! Love that little guy so much!



3 comments:
Way to go Mason. You are special in sooo many ways. We love to come over and see you and play with you. Thanks for being such an awesome funny little kid. You always make us laugh. We love you so much and are looking forward to lots of fun times with you this summer. You are Keegan's best little buddy. See you soon.
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I love, love, love this picture of Mason.
Mason is such an amazing little boy! It so great to hear that he's finding joy in his physical therapy.
Post a Comment