Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life

It's been a while since I've been on here.  Kind of lost my motivation to keep it going.  Life in general has been emotional, busy, emotional, uplifting, emotional, insightful, emotional....you get the idea.  I started training for a half marathon that I will run on Oct. 13th in Baltimore, MD.  I am running in memory of my amazing little man who fought so, so hard and with little complaint and so much bravery.  When I'm hurting from my run, I think of him. The pain I go through is nothing compared to what he went through. It keeps me going.  He keeps me going.  I miss him so much.  My daily routine is not the same and I miss that.  I run and clean and wander instead of being a full time nurse.  I am blessed to have amazing family and friends.  My husband and kids are amazing and lovely.  I am thankful for that.  They keep me strong and positive and proud. 
I am raising money for Cure JM to help aid research to find a cure for that horrible, awful disease they call JDM!  I don't want anymore kids to go through all of that pain and suffering.  It's heartbreaking and horrific.  If you are feeling generous, please consider donating to my fundraising page for the marathon.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/KristenSmedley/Cure-JM-2012-Educational-Conference-and-Fundraisin

0 comments: