Wednesday, December 21, 2011

oh boy....

Obviously I am WAY behind, yet again.  Here is a short recap since my last post this summer...eek!  (If I can even remember)
-Brock turned 16 in August and is on his way to getting a driver's license and considering colleges.  Where did the time go? :(
-Alec is loving 8th grade and played football again this year.  He loves it....it scares me.  Too many kids get injured! 
-Abby LOVES second grade and ADORES her teacher!  She is all girl and is constantly entertaining us by singing.  She wants to be famous, you know :)  
-Mason spent some time in the hospital in September due to an infection caused from an abcess in his arm.  He's had a rough few months.  He is in lots more pain, is having some serious issues with his bladder due to the calcium that is essentially invading it.  His kidneys are dilated due to the pressure put on them by the lack of the bladder to drain appropriately.  We tried straight catheterization which worked for about 2 days, then we either couldn't get any urine return or couldn't get the cath to pass into his bladder.  We took him to the urologist and he couldn't get it in either.....stupid calcium!...I hate you!   Our next step will likely be a surgery to put a drain through his stomach into his bladder...probably in the near future.  We are holding out as long as we can, but it is looking like we need to do it soon.  We are hoping all goes well and it will alleviate the pain and anxiety he has when he tries to urinate. 
-My older sister and her family came for Thanksgiving.  We had so much fun!  All 3 sisters and our families makes for a really great time!  My brother in law brought some of the things he pickled from his garden...so delicious and it took me back to my childhood when my Grandma would make the same things.  Loved it! 
My brain has been on overload these past couple of months.  I had this awesome goal to get all my Christmas done before Thanksgiving.  I made a good dent in it, but didn't get it done so now I am scrambling this week to get things done.
I took Mason and Abby to see the Nutcracker yesterday.  It was great!  Abby loved it, Mason thought it was too girly...hehe! 
We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

1 comments:

Tiffani said...

I like your new family photo! Your family is growing up, but you and Damon just look as young as ever!